Monday 23 September 2013

Goldfrapp

Alison Goldfrapp and Will Gregory, are active since 1999. They began their career together when they were over 30 and released a magnificent debut album named Felt Mountain, which was Trip Hop and Soft Electronic. Their second, Black Cherry, was more Electronic than Trip Hop and than they tried other directions such as EDM (Supernature, 2005) and Ambient/Downtempo (Seventh Tree, 2008). So when I started listening to what they are preparing, I could just guess that it would be different from the other releases so far. Seems I was right. Their new release is an Acoustic, Soft Electronic and Trip Hop album. I can categorise it between their debut album and Seventh Tree. And it's good as it sounds. I know it might disappoint some of the EDM fans but, there are a lot of beautiful songs, mainly named after persons. I think that Tales Of Us is going to be one of my favourites this winter. Here are five songs by this wonderful duo from London.

Pilots (Felt Mountain, 2000)
 
Annabel (Tales Of Us, 2013)

Number 1 (Supernature, 2005)


Laurel (Tales Of Us, 2013)


Forever (Black Cherry, 2003)

No comments:

Post a Comment