Friday 5 April 2013

For Now I Am Winter - Olafur Arnalds [Review]

Olafur Arnalds is an Icelandic multi-instrumentalist who usually makes great mixture between Piano and other classic instruments with Electronic/Ambient music. So far he has released three albums in his career, while his fourth release got out to record stores on February, 2013. In For Now I Am Winter he cooperate with Arnor Dan Arnarsson, the leading singer of Agent Fresco. The result is a beautiful, space-like sounds which hugs gently the listeners ears not letting him forget what he heard. I think it's one of the most atmospheric albums I've ever heard, the closest thing to Sigur Ros projects. It's hard to imagine that Olafur Arnalds was once the drummer of a Hardcore/Metal bands , but that's the magic that lays on his hands: On the one hand, he can hit the drums and the other hand, he can play peacefully on the piano. All you have to do now is to take a warm blanket, get it on you with a hot chocolate beverage and drown into five songs from Olafur Arnalds' discography, three of them from the last release.

Album Rating: 8/10


Old Skin (Taken From For Now I Am Winter, 2013)

Fyrsta (Taken From Living Room Songs, 2011)
A Stutter (Taken From For Now I Am Winter, 2013)
A Hundred Reasons (Featuring Haukur Heidar Hauksson, Single Only)
 
For Now I Am Winter (Taken From For Now I Am Winter, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment