Friday 1 March 2013

Best Albums Of February 2013


February has passed, so it's time to select the best 10 albums I've heard this month. The best album this month was Push The Sky Away by Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds but there were also few more great releases this month. Eels released their tenth studio album which is more Rocky than the earlier Tomorrow Morning and End Times. Atoms For Peace, the side project of Flea (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Thom Yorke (Radiohead) and Nigel Goodrich, is very fascinating that I don't think I've got it all already. Nataly Dawn got a fresh sound, which made her small album listenable most of the day. Adam Green And Binki Shapiro are not far from the sound of She & Him, and made a great release together. Night Beds made an exciting debut album based on his beautiful vocal, as well as Ed Harcourt who recorded his album in 6 hours! Mark Kozelek seems to continue doing the same stuff for the last ten years as Sun Kil Moon and Johnny Marr has a new album which finally gives him the front place. The only album which I didn't understand why it was so highly acclaimed is MBV by My Bloody Valentine. I know many people waited over 20 years for this release but it sounds like Loveless without the ground-breaking music they made 20 years agu. I think I'll give it another try....

10. My Bloody Valentine - MBV
9. Johnny Marr - The Messenger
8. Mark Kozelek - Like Rats
 
7. Ed Harcourt - Back Into The Woods
 
6. Night Beds - Country Sleep
 
5. Adam Green And Binki Shapiro - Adam Green And Binki Shapiro
 
4. Nataly Dawn - How I Knew Her
 
3. Atoms For Peace - Amok
 
2. Eels - Wonderful, Glorious
 
1. Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds - Push The Sky Away

No comments:

Post a Comment